Monday, September 16, 2013

Danny Lewin was the first victim of 9/11. He was a passenger on the first flight to get hijacked, and he was the only person who tried to stop the five hijackers on that plane. He served in the Israeli's most elite counter terrorism unit, so he thought that he had a very good chance to stop the guys. Unfortionaly, they five agenst one match-up was too much for him. He was one of the passengers on American Airline flight 11 and when they took the plane over, he understood what was going to happen because he could speak Arabic. He then challenged the hijackers, and was taken down and got fatality stabbed making him the first death on 9/11, dying about a half a hour before everyone else. He passed around 8:16 am and the plane hit around 8:46am. There is a park dedicated to him in Cambridge, Massachusetts, where he studied at MIT, and he has a intersection named after him also. Its called Danny Lewin square.He co-founded a computer company that helped keep the internet up and ruining during 9/11 and still does today. Its called Akamai.
This means a lot to me, because he tried to stop the hijackers before they could hurt anyone else. He understood the situation, and did what he had to do, even though that meant his death. I have a lot of respect to people that die trying to protect others, and do everything that they can to make sure that . 
 
 
An act of selfless bravery: Danny Lewin was the first person to be killed on 9/11 after trying to stop terrorists from hijacking a plane

2 comments:

  1. Wow. How did they find out about this story? This is incredible, I mean, you could make a story just on those few minutes of time. This man was so brave and I would have loved to know him. It's strong men like this that have gone to war to protect us from terrorists like those. God bless our fallen soldiers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what he did was very heroic. I must have had a great amount of confidence to try to take on the hijackers in the plane. I commend him for taking action when he did and knowing what to do. He could have told others to help him, but since he went alone I believe he didn't want anyone else to get hurt in the fight.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.