Thursday, November 7, 2013

Mr. Money Mustache: If I Woke Up Broke

In MMM's blog, "If I Woke Up Broke", he talked about what he would do if he woke up broke (shocker, right?). He explained, in detail, what he would do with each financial responsibility he needed to take care of like housing, groceries, utilities, etc. He described all the actions he needed to take and the things he needed to do more of as well as the things he needed to cut back on.
The main idea he was promoting is organization and understanding needs over wants. The conventional thinking of this topic was, with a "broke" slate, to start small and meet the requirements you need for basic living. I think his idea is workable but im not sure how easy it realistically would be. I think the weakness in the article, when looking at in a big picture, was the fact that it was a lot of talk on how generally easy it would be when realistically,it may not be that easy. I think the strength in this blog article was the detail on what to do. He was very informative on the information he was giving.

http://financialplan.about.com/ This is a link on how to create a financial plan which is what MMM was doing in his blog: If I woke up broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.