My name is Taylor Mann, and am currently in my second year of college at OSUM. I am majoring in computer science and engineering, basically just writing code. My fun facts were that I am half English by blood, my dad was born and raised in Norwich which is a town about 2 hours north of London, and that I had to stop playing sports because I have a bad hip. My hip problem is actually genetic and my older brother has had 3 hip surgeries already, hes only 21 years old.
My Favorite Buckeye is my childhood friend Nate Ebner, I've known him for basically all my life. I met him through rugby as my dad and his played for the same team, Scioto Valley. He went on to play rugby for the United States team and played rugby for OSU in a 7's, a different type of rugby, tournament. During his time at OSU he decided to try out for the football team, and with little to no football experience he ended up starting for the special team. After he had graduated college he was drafted in the 6th round for the New England Patriots.

Hey Taylor,
ReplyDeletei think its pretty cool that you are half English, my ancestors are from England as well as Scottland and i would love to travel there someday. Have you ever been to England?
My brother is similar to you in that he tore his ACL playing little league football and has unfortunately been unable to play football ever again, however, he does play baseball. That's a pretty cool story about Nate, i actually graduated from Marysville High School where Chase Blackburn went, and he now plays for the Giants. Good Luck at OSUM!
Emily
Hello, That is really cool that your dad was born and raised in Norwich, making you half English by blood. I'm sorry to hear about your hip being injured.
ReplyDeleteThat's so cool! My younger brother just started playing rugby this last year and it's been so cool (and confusing) learning about it and watching people play. My younger brother's team got second in state for their league this year, which was cool.
ReplyDeleteThat's a really cool and inspiring story about your friend, Nate Ebner. I was thinking about trying out for a rugby team last year! That's really sad about your brother, though, and how something like that could be genetic, I didn't know that!
ReplyDelete